Reports to: Program Operations Manager
Job Type: Full-time/permanent
Location: Downtown Ottawa
CANARIE strengthens Canadian leadership in science and technology by delivering digital infrastructure that supports world-class research and innovation.
CANARIE and its twelve provincial and territorial partners form Canada’s National Research and Education Network. This ultra-high-speed network connects Canada’s researchers, educators and innovators to each other and to global data, technology, and colleagues.
Beyond the network, CANARIE funds and promotes reusable research software tools and national research data management initiatives to accelerate discovery, provides identity management services to the academic community, and offers advanced networking and cloud resources to boost commercialization in Canada’s technology sector.
Established in 1993, CANARIE is a non-profit corporation, with the majority of its funding provided by the Government of Canada.
CANARIE offers a dynamic work environment, with a small team of positive, talented and committed individuals collaborating to keep Canada at the forefront of research and innovation. Team members are energized by the impact that their work makes on a daily basis to enrich the lives of Canadians and researchers around the world. CANARIE staff benefit from working with the latest technologies and collaborating with Canada’s most innovative researchers, entrepreneurs, academic faculty and students.
The Administrative Specialist is accountable for managing committee processes, their logistics and activities, and providing administrative support for CANARIE’s program funding calls with a goal of maintaining high levels of accuracy and quality program delivery to CANARIE stakeholders.
Functions & Responsibilities
The Administrative Specialist will be responsible for providing administrative support to the following:
- Coordinating, scheduling and participating in a variety of stakeholder meetings including drafting agendas, coordinating logistics, taking minutes, distributing action items, and tracking follow-up activities including determining status and following through to completion
- Providing recording secretary services
- Developing strong relationships with the committee members
Program Funding Calls
- Preparing funding call contracts and related amendments
- Managing the funded call contract administration and correspondence process; including filing and status tracking
- Providing administrative support during the funding call process
- Participating in team initiatives and projects
- Providing back-up administrative support, as required
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- 5-10 years of progressive experience in a senior administrative role
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Confident when working in a fast-paced environment and capable of meeting short deadlines
- Capacity to work in a self-directed manner and the ability to work well within a team environment
- Excellent consultative, strong interpersonal, time management, and ability to exhibit discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Relevant experience in publicly funded not-for-profit organizations or equivalent combination of skills and experience is desirable
- College diploma or university degree
- Bilingualism preferred
How to Apply
Please send your expression of interest and resume to email@example.com quoting the name of the position in which you’re interested. We thank all applicants, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
CANARIE welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.