The Corporate Administrator is accountable for providing confidential secretarial support to the Board of Directors and its committees, high level support to the executive team and general office coordination.
This is a full-time, permanent position that reports to CANARIE’s Chief Financial Officer.
- Coordinating the Board of Directors and its committees including:
- Building agendas
- Tracking actions
- Managing meeting logistics
- Fulfilling the role of recording secretary
- Enhancing the effectiveness of the executive team including managing schedules and expenses
- Managing the office and facilities
- Leading and/or contributing to various projects including organizing the Annual General Meeting, and coordinating compliance activities
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
The Ideal Candidate
To excel at CANARIE, you have a demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively on teams, and are also an energetic self-starter with the self-motivation to work independently. You have excellent oral and written communication skills, and can count time management, problem solving, and managing multiple priorities as your strengths. You also share a dedication to CANARIE’s core values: service, teamwork, innovation, quality, and integrity.
Relevant experience in publicly funded not-for-profit organizations is desirable. Bilingualism is preferred.
What You Bring
Education and Experience
- College diploma or university degree in a relevant field or a suitable combination of education, experience and training
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, teamwork and organizational skills
- Positive approach, adaptable, and friendly
- Ability to work independently with confidence and a strong commitment to service
- Good business acumen coupled with respecting fundamental corporate values
- Excellent consultative, analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
Come Work with Us
If this seems to be the right fit for you, please send us a note and your resume to email@example.com, and include the position title in your subject. We thank all applicants, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.