CANARIE connects Canadians to each other and to the world. Our programs equip Canadian researchers, students, and startups to excel on the global stage.
Together with our twelve provincial and territorial partners, we form Canada’s National Research and Education Network (NREN). This ultra-high-speed network connects Canada’s researchers, educators, and innovators to each other and to global data, technology, and colleagues.
Beyond the network, we fund and promote the development of software for research and national efforts to manage data generated from research. To strengthen the security of Canada’s higher-ed sector, we collaborate with our partners in the NREN, government, academia, and the private sector to fund, implement, and support cybersecurity initiatives. We also provide identity management services to the academic community and boost Canada’s startups with cloud resources and expertise in emerging technologies.
Established in 1993, we are a non-profit corporation, with most of our funding provided by the Government of Canada.
Who We Are
We’re a small team of dedicated thinkers, innovators, and problem-solvers. Our team is positive, passionate, and collaborative.
We work with Canada’s higher-ed community, private sector, and government partners to ensure that Canada’s bright researchers and entrepreneurs benefit from the technologies and tools that are critical to their success. Together with our partners across the country, we work to ensure that Canada leads in research and innovation.
The Position: Executive Administrator
The Executive Administrator is accountable for providing efficient and effective high-level executive support, office co-ordination, and confidential secretarial support for the executive team and for the Board of Directors and its committees.
This is a full-time, permanent position that reports to CANARIE’s Chief Financial Officer.
- Coordinating the Board of Directors and its committees including building agendas, tracking actions, managing meeting logistics, and fulfilling the role of recording secretary
- Enhancing the effectiveness of the executive team including managing schedules, travel arrangements and expenses
- Managing the office and facilities
- Leading and/or contributing to various projects including organizing the Annual General Meeting, and coordinating compliance activities
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
The Ideal Candidate
To excel at CANARIE, you have a demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively on teams, and are also an energetic self-starter with the self-motivation to work independently. You have excellent oral and written communication skills, and can count time management, problem solving, and managing multiple priorities as your strengths. You also share a dedication to CANARIE’s core values: service, teamwork, innovation, quality, and integrity.
Relevant experience in publicly funded not-for-profit organizations is desirable. Bilingualism is preferred.
What You Bring
Education and Experience
- College diploma or university degree in a relevant field or a suitable combination of education, experience and training
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, teamwork and organizational skills
- Positive approach, adaptable, and friendly
- Ability to work independently with confidence and a strong commitment to service
- Good business acumen coupled with respecting fundamental corporate values
- Excellent consultative, analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
Come Work with Us
If this seems to be the right fit for you, please send us a note and your resume to email@example.com, and include the position title in your subject. We thank all applicants, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.