Manager, Corporate Services
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Job Type: Full-time/Temporary
Location: Downtown Ottawa
CANARIE strengthens Canadian leadership in science and technology by delivering digital infrastructure that supports world-class research and innovation.
CANARIE and its twelve provincial and territorial partners form Canada’s National Research and Education Network. This ultra-high-speed network connects Canada’s researchers, educators and innovators to each other and to global data, technology, and colleagues.
Beyond the network, CANARIE funds and promotes reusable research software tools and national research data management initiatives to accelerate discovery, provides identity management services to the academic community, and offers advanced networking and cloud resources to boost commercialization in Canada’s technology sector.
Established in 1993, CANARIE is a non-profit corporation, with the majority of its funding provided by the Government of Canada.
For more information, please visit: www.canarie.ca.
CANARIE offers a dynamic work environment, with a small team of positive, talented and committed individuals collaborating to keep Canada at the forefront of research and innovation. Team members are energized by the impact that their work makes on a daily basis to enrich the lives of Canadians and researchers around the world. CANARIE staff benefit from working with the latest technologies and collaborating with Canada’s most innovative researchers, entrepreneurs, academic faculty and students.
The Manager, Corporate Services is accountable for providing efficient and effective high level executive support, information co-ordination and confidential secretarial support for the executive team, and for the Board of Directors’ committees.
The Manager, Corporate Services will manage and lead the organization’s administrative team.
Functions & Responsibilities
The Manager, Corporate Services will be responsible for the following:
- Providing support to enhance the effectiveness of the executive team
- Recording secretary for the Board of Directors’ Committees
- Leading and supporting the development of the administration team
- Managing the administration and participant onboarding for select CANARIE programs
- Office and facilities management
- Participating on various project teams
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to work independently with confidence and a strong commitment to service
- Good business acumen coupled with a demonstrated ability to initiate action to achieve results and meet deadlines while respecting fundamental corporate values
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent consultative, analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- 5+ years of progressive experience supporting boards of directors, executives and senior management
- College diploma or university degree or a suitable combination of education, experience, or other relevant training
- Relevant experience in publicly funded not-for-profit organizations is desirable
- Exceptional teamwork, interpersonal skills and organizational skills
- Positive approach, adaptable and friendly
- Bilingualism preferred
How to Apply
Please send your expression of interest and resume to email@example.com quoting the name of the position in which you’re interested. We thank all applicants, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
CANARIE welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.