Manager, Program Marketing
CANARIE connects Canadians to each other and to the world. Our programs equip Canadian researchers, students, and startups to excel on the global stage.
Together with our twelve provincial and territorial partners, we form Canada’s National Research and Education Network (NREN). This ultra-high-speed network connects Canada’s researchers, educators, and innovators to each other and to global data, technology, and colleagues.
Beyond the network, we fund and promote the development of software for research and national efforts to manage data generated from research. To strengthen the security of Canada’s higher-ed sector, we collaborate with our partners in the NREN, government, academia, and the private sector to fund, implement, and support cybersecurity initiatives. We also provide identity management services to the academic community and boost Canada’s startups with cloud resources and expertise in emerging technologies.
Established in 1993, we are a non-profit corporation, with most of our funding provided by the Government of Canada.
Who We Are
We’re a small team of dedicated thinkers, innovators, and problem-solvers. Our team is positive, passionate, and collaborative.
We work with Canada’s higher-ed community, private sector, and government partners to ensure that Canada’s bright researchers and entrepreneurs benefit from the technologies and tools that are critical to their success. Together with our partners across the country, we work to ensure that Canada leads in research and innovation.
The Position: Manager, Program Marketing
The Manager, Program Marketing is accountable for program awareness and marketing strategies to increase the adoption of CANARIE programs and services.
This is a full-time, permanent position that reports to CANARIE’s Director, Communications.
- Leading the development and ongoing evolution of content that supports each of the CANARIE program and services marketing plans, including creation of collateral, newsletters, website content, case studies, videos, blog posts, social media, and presentations
- Developing and implementing program awareness strategies to increase the adoption and use of CANARIE programs and services
- Supporting the development of program and service-specific external presentations
- Developing engaging and relevant content and distributing the content in a channel strategy that increases awareness of CANARIE’s program and service offerings among key stakeholder audiences
- Working closely with the marketing team to ensure CANARIE corporate and CANARIE program messages are complementary
- Participating in the development of measurement frameworks that assess the effectiveness of business generation strategies, marketing messages and channels
- Managing direct reports including providing ongoing coaching and feedback
- Domestic and international travel may occasionally be required
- Related duties and responsibilities, as required
The Ideal Candidate
To excel at CANARIE, you have a demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively on teams, and are also an energetic self-starter with the self-motivation to work independently. You have excellent oral and written communication skills, and can count time management, problem solving, and managing multiple priorities as your strengths. You also share a dedication to CANARIE’s core values: service, teamwork, innovation, quality, and integrity.
Relevant experience in publicly funded not-for-profit organizations is desirable. Bilingualism is preferred.
What You Bring
Education and Experience
- College diploma or university degree in Marketing or a related field or a suitable combination of education, experience, or other relevant training
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in progressively complex marketing/communication roles, at least 5 of which have been in high technology marketing
- Experience in product or services marketing considered a strong asset
- Previous experience managing staff
- Ability to distill complex technical information and transform it into messaging that is engaging and relevant to target audiences
- Experience managing content across multiple channels: website, social media, in person meetings and presentations
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
Come Work with Us
If this seems to be the right fit for you, please send us a note and your resume to email@example.com, and include the position title in your subject. We thank all applicants, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.