Program Manager, Identity and Access Management
CANARIE strengthens Canadian leadership in science and technology by delivering digital infrastructure to support world-class research that directly benefits all Canadians.
CANARIE and its twelve provincial and territorial partners form Canada’s National Research and Education Network. This ultra-high-speed network connects Canada’s researchers, educators, and innovators to each other and to global data, technology, and colleagues.
Beyond the network, CANARIE funds and promotes reusable research software tools and national research data management initiatives to accelerate discovery, provides identity management services to the academic community, and offers advanced networking and cloud resources to boost commercialization in Canada’s technology sector.
Established in 1993, CANARIE is a non-profit corporation, with the majority of its funding provided by the Government of Canada.
Who We Are
We’re a small team of dedicated thinkers, innovators, and problem-solvers. Our team is positive, passionate, and collaborative.
We work with Canada’s higher-ed community, private sector, and government partners to ensure that Canada’s bright researchers and entrepreneurs benefit from the technologies and tools that are critical to their success. Together with our partners across the country, we work to ensure that Canada leads in research and innovation.
The Position: Program Manager, Identity and Access Management
The Canadian Access Federation (CAF) offers identity and access management solutions for Canadian research and education institutions as well as content providers. Managed and operated by CANARIE, CAF is a trusted access management environment that provides users Wi-Fi connectivity and content access whether at home or abroad, all using the log-in credentials of their home institution.
The Program Manager, Identity and Access Management is accountable for the planning, design, and execution of the CAF program, encompassing initiatives related to people, tools, and processes that ensure achievement of program objectives and value to program participants.
This is a full-time, permanent position that reports to CANARIE’s Senior Director, Programs.
- Developing and implementing the CAF program strategy including defining comprehensive program requirements for internal and external outcomes, ensuring strategic alignment across CANARIE programs, developing program charters, high-level project plans, budgets, and schedules
- Driving program evolution and identifying areas for growth
- Ensuring continual improvement in execution of program activities
- Representing the program to CANARIE stakeholders
- Tracking program effectiveness, analyzing program data and implementing adjustments as required
- Developing and maintaining productive working relationships with program participants and other CANARIE stakeholders
- Domestic and international travel may occasionally be required
- Related duties and responsibilities, as required
The Ideal Candidate
To excel at CANARIE, you have a demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively on teams and are also an energetic self-starter with the self-motivation to work independently. You have excellent oral and written communication skills, and can count time management, problem solving, and managing multiple priorities as your strengths. You also share a dedication to CANARIE’s core values: service, teamwork, innovation, quality, and integrity.
Relevant experience in publicly funded not-for-profit organizations is desirable. Bilingualism is preferred.
What You Bring
Education and Experience
- College diploma or university degree in Business or Computer Science or a suitable combination of education, experience, or other relevant training
- At least 8 years of experience in managing/delivering ICT services, program management, or product management
- Excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels in an organization towards agreement of outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to gain trust and credibility from internal and external stakeholders
- Proven leadership experience
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- A working knowledge of identity, access, and authorization technologies and associated services would be beneficial
Come Work with Us
If this seems to be the right fit for you, please send us a note and your resume to email@example.com, and include the position title in your subject. We thank all applicants, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.