Program Operations Specialist
Reports to: Director, Finance
Job Type: Full-time/permanent
Location: Downtown Ottawa
CANARIE strengthens Canadian leadership in science and technology by delivering digital infrastructure to support world-class research that directly benefits all Canadians.
Twelve provincial and territorial network partners, together with CANARIE, collectively form Canada’s National Research and Education Network (NREN). Canadians at universities, colleges, research institutes, hospitals, and government laboratories rely on this ultra high-speed network to collaborate in data-intensive, cutting edge research and innovation within Canada and with colleagues in over 100 countries.
Beyond the network, CANARIE funds and promotes reusable research software tools to accelerate scientific discovery. CANARIE also supports Research Data Canada as it leads national research data management initiatives, and through the Canadian Access Federation, provides identity management services that enable secure, ubiquitous connectivity and content access to the academic community. To boost commercialization in Canada’s technology sector, CANARIE offers cloud resources to startups through its DAIR service, and links a powerful community of public and private sector partners in the Centre of Excellence in Next Generation Networks (CENGN).
Established in 1993, CANARIE is a non-profit corporation, with the majority of its funding provided by the Government of Canada.
CANARIE offers a dynamic work environment, with a small team of positive, talented and committed individuals collaborating to keep Canada at the forefront of research and innovation. Team members are energized by the impact that their work makes on a daily basis to enrich the lives of Canadians and researchers around the world. CANARIE staff benefit from working with the latest technologies and collaborating with Canada’s most innovative researchers, entrepreneurs, academic faculty and students.
The Program Operations Specialist works closely with the organization’s program managers to create call documentation for CANARIE’s programs and is responsible for community coordination during program calls.
The Program Operations Specialist is accountable for ensuring call documents clearly communicate the objectives of the relevant program and that the community is supported through a call.
Functions & Responsibilities
The Program Operations Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Developing funded call documentation, including announcements, application templates, etc.
- Managing the submission process for funded calls
- Managing program compliance where required
- Managing the program related contract administration process, including maintaining a legal commitments database and records management
- Assisting in the finalization of call related project budgets
- Preparing funding agreements for execution
- Coordinating program audit related activities
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
The successful candidate will have the following education, skills and abilities:
- Minimum five years of experience in a documentation role or equivalent
- Strong documentation and/or contract writing skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong time management, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Relevant experience in publicly funded not-for-profit organizations or equivalent combination of skills and experience is desirable
- College diploma or university degree
- Bilingualism preferred
How to Apply
Please send your expression of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the name of the position in which you’re interested. We thank all applicants, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
CANARIE welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.