CANARIE strengthens Canadian leadership in science and technology by delivering digital infrastructure to support world-class research that directly benefits all Canadians.
CANARIE and its twelve provincial and territorial partners form Canada’s National Research and Education Network. This ultra-high-speed network connects Canada’s researchers, educators and innovators to each other and to global data, technology, and colleagues.
Beyond the network, CANARIE funds and promotes reusable research software tools and national research data management initiatives to accelerate discovery, provides identity management services to the academic community, and offers advanced networking and cloud resources to boost commercialization in Canada’s technology sector.
Established in 1993, CANARIE is a non-profit corporation, with the majority of its funding provided by the Government of Canada.
Who We Are
We’re a small team of dedicated thinkers, innovators, and problem-solvers. Our team is positive, passionate, and collaborative.
We work with Canada’s higher-ed community, private sector, and government partners to ensure that Canada’s bright researchers and entrepreneurs benefit from the technologies and tools that are critical to their success. Together with our partners across the country, we work to ensure that Canada leads in research and innovation.
The Position: Project Manager
The Project Manager is accountable for developing, implementing and administering CANARIE’s project management processes including reporting on these activities.
This is a full-time, permanent position that reports to CANARIE’s Chief Financial Officer.
Standardizing project management workflows by:
- Evolving, implementing and administering CANARIE’s project management processes, templates and reporting standards
Corporate project management as follows:
- Partnering with CANARIE’s Program Managers and the internal support team to develop, implement and track project management plans for externally facing projects for CANARIE’s programs
- Partnering with department managers and the internal support team to develop, implement and track project management plans for complex internal projects
Managing the prioritization of corporate initiatives by:
- Managing a centralized calendar
- Coordinating staff allocation to projects
- Reporting on the status of corporate projects
- Developing, analyzing and reporting on project execution metrics
- Domestic and international travel may occasionally be required
- Related duties and responsibilities, as required
The Ideal Candidate
To excel at CANARIE, you have a demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively on teams, and are also an energetic self-starter with the self-motivation to work independently. You have excellent oral and written communication skills, and can count time management, problem solving, and managing multiple priorities as your strengths. You also share a dedication to CANARIE’s core values: service, teamwork, innovation, quality, and integrity.
Relevant experience in publicly funded not-for-profit organizations is desirable. Bilingualism is preferred.
What You Bring
Education and Experience
- College diploma or university degree in Business Administration or a related field or a suitable combination of education, experience, or other relevant training
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant progressive experience
- Experience managing information technology projects
- Project management and project administration experience
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Other proficiencies related to the job
Come Work with Us
If this seems to be the right fit for you, please send us a note and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the position title in your subject. We thank all applicants, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.