Senior IT Specialist
The Senior IT Specialist is accountable for the operational effectiveness and continual enhancement of the IT systems and network infrastructure by identifying, supporting, and developing solutions to ensure IT systems meet the company objectives as well as improve overall efficiency and effectiveness of IT processes.
This is a full-time, permanent position that reports to CANARIE’s Manager, Information Technology.
- Ensuring the continual functioning, reliability, and optimal performance of the IT infrastructure
- Ensuring operational effectiveness through user adoption of new technologies
- Managing the disaster recovery and continuity plan strategy
- Troubleshooting and providing relevant IT support and assistance
- Recommending innovative technologies to ensure the organization is effective
- Providing support of cross-fuctional software project implementations
- Leading IT deployment and installations
- Procuring, safeguarding, and securing IT assets
- Administering and monitoring security of the IT network and data
- Ensuring optimal corporate use of SharePoint
- Applying analytical skills and knowledge to complete diverse and complex assignments
The Ideal Candidate
To excel at CANARIE, you have a demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively on teams, and are also an energetic self-starter with the self-motivation to work independently. You have excellent oral and written communication skills, and can count time management, problem solving, and managing multiple priorities as your strengths. You also share a dedication to CANARIE’s core values: service, teamwork, innovation, quality, and integrity.
Relevant experience in publicly funded not-for-profit organizations is desirable. Bilingualism is preferred.
What You Bring
Education and Experience
- College diploma or university degree in Computer Science or a suitable combination of education, experience, or other relevant training
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in various IT roles
- Previous working experience in a Windows-based IT environment
- Able to clearly communicate technical information
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Enterprise solutions including Active Directory, Azure, and ADFS
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Office 365)
- Advanced working knowledge of VMWare Hypervisor technologies
- Working knowledge of IP networking protocols and services
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Wireless technologies/solutions
- Working knowledge of Linux; CentOS, Ubuntu, Redhat
- Working knowledge of SharePoint
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains and CRM is considered an asset
Come Work with Us
If this seems to be the right fit for you, please send us a note and your resume to email@example.com, and include the position title in your subject. We thank all applicants, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.