The Technical Writer is accountable for developing technical documentation and resources to support the adoption and use of CANARIE programs.
This is a full-time, permanent position that reports to CANARIE’s Director, Communications.
- Create documentation for technical guides, user guides, product data sheets, FAQs, installation guides, training materials, and case studies, and other documentation as required; this may include conducting interviews with subject matter experts
- Incorporate current documentation best practices to optimize user experience
- Translate technical concepts to digestible, user-friendly resources
- Review/edit existing technical materials and apply best practices to rewrites and revisions
- Develop/edit scripts for tutorial videos, presentations, and webinars
The Ideal Candidate
To excel at CANARIE, you have a demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively on teams, and are also an energetic self-starter with the self-motivation to work independently. You have excellent oral and written communication skills, and can count time management, problem solving, and managing multiple priorities as your strengths. You also share a dedication to CANARIE’s core values: service, teamwork, innovation, quality, and integrity.
Relevant experience in publicly funded not-for-profit organizations is desirable. Bilingualism is preferred.
What You Bring
Education and Experience
- College diploma or university degree in a relevant field or a suitable combination of education, experience and training
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, including writing technical documentation and training materials
- Previous experience creating documentation for networking and cybersecurity products and services is a strong asset.
- Demonstrated ability to convey technical information in a concise and user-friendly style for intended audiences
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, teamwork and organizational skills
- Positive approach, adaptable, and friendly
- Ability to work independently with confidence and a strong commitment to service
- Good business acumen coupled with respecting fundamental corporate values
- Excellent consultative, analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Technical aptitude – ability to understand technical concepts quickly and translate them to usable communications tools
Come Work with Us
If this seems to be the right fit for you, please send us a note and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the position title in your subject. We thank all applicants, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Those selected for an interview will be asked to provide samples of previous writing projects.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.