- Exercising evaluative judgement related to risk management, cybersecurity controls implementation and vulnerability mitigation
- Installing, testing, and operating security software and tools such as anti-virus and threat detection and prevention systems
- Providing administrative and technical assistance for cybersecurity applications
- Planning and carrying out security measures in response to cybersecurity events and incidents in accordance with the organization’s incident response plan
- Applying advanced analytical skills and professional knowledge in collaborative efforts with CANARIE’s regional partners to improve the security posture of the National Research and Education Network
- Monitoring for cyber attacks, intrusions and unusual, unauthorised, or illegal activity
- Providing after-hours cybersecurity support on a rotating basis
- Travel may occasionally be required
- Other related duties and responsibilities, as required
The Ideal Candidate
To excel at CANARIE, you have a demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively on teams and are also an energetic self-starter with the self-motivation to work independently. You have excellent oral and written communication skills, and can count time management, problem solving, and managing multiple priorities as your strengths. You also share a dedication to CANARIE’s core values: service, teamwork, inclusion, innovation, quality, and integrity.
Relevant experience in publicly funded not-for-profit organizations is desirable. Bilingualism is preferred.
What You Bring
Education and Experience
- College diploma or university degree or a suitable combination of education, experience, or other relevant training
- Minimum 8 years of progressive cybersecurity experience, with exposure to Security Operations Center (SOC) environment.
- Knowledge and experience with information system architecture and security controls (i.e., firewalls, operating systems configurations, databases, information security policies, and procedures)
- Knowledge of application security best practices, tools, and methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to gain trust and establish credibility with internal and external stakeholders
- Working knowledge of scripting, querying, and automation technologies and techniques .
- Experience with SIEM technologies, operations, Incident Response, and Vulnerabilities Assessments
- Knowledge of Incident Response procedures
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Relevant security certifications are desirable
Come Work with Us
We are committed to employment equity and encourage anyone who can contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives to apply. For applicants with disabilities, accommodation is available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
If this seems to be the right fit for you, please send a note and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the position title in your subject.
We thank all applicants, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.