- Collaborating with partners to analyze security events and incidents, providing incident response support, risk management, proposing mitigations, and supporting user awareness.
- Identifying and prioritizing vulnerabilities and collaborating with stakeholders to ensure they are understood and triaged effectively
- Reviewing threat intelligence to provide effective threat reporting to partner organizations
- Reviewing log data and alerts from various security platforms and providing analysis, trending, and insights.
- Onboarding new academic institutions as members to relevant platforms and initiatives, conducting health-checks, and proactively alerting customers to impending operational issues.
- Providing recommendations for future projects, security tools, applications, along with associated benefits of the solution
- Developing training material and process documentation on relevant security platforms and processes
- Domestic and international travel may occasionally be required
- Other related duties and responsibilities, as required
The Ideal Candidate
To excel at CANARIE, you have a demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively on teams and are also an energetic self-starter with the self-motivation to work independently. You have excellent oral and written communication skills, and can count time management, problem solving, and managing multiple priorities as your strengths. You also share a dedication to CANARIE’s core values: service, teamwork, innovation, quality, and integrity.
Relevant experience in publicly funded not-for-profit organizations is desirable. Bilingualism is preferred.
What You Bring
Education and Experience
- College diploma or university degree, or a suitable combination of education, experience, or other relevant training
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in a Security Operations Centre (SOC) environment (which could include: incident response, investigations, computer forensics, network forensics, threat intelligence, or threat hunting)
- Minimum of 2 years of exposure to threat intelligence practices
- Experience documenting cybersecurity processes and playbooks
- CISSP or other relevant technical certifications are desirable
- Understanding of cybersecurity risks to the academic sector
- Ability to identify, analyze, document and report on relevant threats (threat intelligence)
- Experience in identifying and mitigating network and end-point security issues
- Demonstrated understanding of patch and vulnerability management
- Demonstrated ability to gain trust and credibility from internal and external stakeholders
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of the following:
- MITRE ATT&CK Framework
- Security of cloud and on-prem environments
- Security platforms such as (Firewalls, SIEM, EDR, SOAR, sandboxing, etc.)
- Frameworks such as NIST, ISO etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of attack activities such as network probing/scanning, DDOS, APT, malicious code activity, reverse engineering, malware analysis etc.
Come Work with Us
We are committed to employment equity and encourage anyone who can contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives to apply. For applicants with disabilities, accommodation is available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
If this position seems to be the right fit for you, please send a note and your resume to email@example.com, and include the position title in your subject.
We thank all applicants, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.