- Work collaboratively with the National Research and Education Network (NREN) and institutional Cybersecurity Specialists on CANARIE Cybersecurity Program-related tasks including incident response, sharing of technical expertise, developing security processes, and security reports generation
- SIEM monitoring of CANARIE internal infrastructure, in collaboration with the IT Team, Network Team, and the provincial and territorial partner teams when necessary
- Administration of security appliances
- Improving security posture by participating in the implementation of collaborative initiatives with the National Research and Education Network partners
- Technical support within CANARIE Cybersecurity Program Initiatives
- Providing after-hours cybersecurity support on a rotating basis
- Domestic and international travel may occasionally be required
- Other related duties and responsibilities, as required
The Ideal Candidate
To excel at CANARIE, you have a demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively on teams and are also an energetic self-starter with the self-motivation to work independently. You have excellent oral and written communication skills, and can count time management, problem solving, and managing multiple priorities as your strengths. You also share a dedication to CANARIE’s core values: service, teamwork, innovation, quality, and integrity.
Relevant experience in publicly funded not-for-profit organizations is desirable. Bilingualism is preferred.
What You Bring
Education and Experience
- College diploma or university degree or a suitable combination of education, experience, or other relevant training
- Two or more years of progressive IT security experience, with exposure to Security Operations Center (SOC) environment
- Knowledge and experience with information system architecture and security controls (i.e. firewalls, operating systems configurations, databases, information security policies, and procedures)
- Knowledge of application security best practices, tools and methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to gain trust and credibility from internal and external stakeholders
- Proven experience installing and configuring open-source software
- Experience with SIEM operations, Incident Response and Vulnerabilities Assessments
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Relevant security certifications are an asset
Come Work with Us
If this seems to be the right fit for you, please send us a note and your resume to email@example.com, and include the position title in your subject. We thank all applicants, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.