Data Analytics Developer
- Developing data-driven strategies that improve business performance
- Developing and implementing data analytics processes that ensure data accuracy, integrity, and consistency across all sources
- Maintaining a deep understanding of the CANARIE’s data landscape, including data sources, data models, and data governance policies
- Staying up to date with emerging trends in data analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence
- Travel may occasionally be required
- Related duties and responsibilities, as required
- Partnering with stakeholders to define data requirements, build data models, and develop reports that enable data-driven decision-making
- Developing and implementing predictive models, machine learning algorithms, and other statistical tools to forecast business outcome
- Developing and implementing data visualization tools that analyze complex data sets to identify trends, patterns, and insights that inform business decisions
- Working with cross-functional teams to develop and implement business intelligence tools that provide timely and accurate insights into programs and services
The Ideal Candidate
To excel at CANARIE, you have a demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively on teams and are also an energetic self-starter with the self-motivation to work independently. You have excellent oral and written communication skills, and can count time management, problem solving, and managing multiple priorities as your strengths. You also share a dedication to CANARIE’s core values: service, teamwork, inclusion, innovation, quality, and integrity.
Relevant experience in publicly funded not-for-profit organizations is desirable. Bilingualism is preferred.
What You Bring
Education and Experience
- College diploma or university degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a suitable combination of education, experience, or other relevant training
- Minimum of 7 years relevant progressive experience
- Experience building and maintaining data-driven solutions
- Proven experience as a developer and managing data analytics systems
- Ability to present complex data analysis in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to learn new platforms, programming languages, and technologies
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization
- Strong technical skills in data modeling, statistical analysis, and business intelligence tools such as Power BI or Tableau
- Experience with machine learning algorithms, predictive modeling, and data mining techniques
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Come Work with Us
We are committed to employment equity and encourage anyone who can contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives to apply. For applicants with disabilities, accommodation is available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
If this position seems to be the right fit for you, please send a note and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the position title in your subject.
We thank all applicants, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.