Digital Marketing Specialist
- Manage corporate website updates and support the maintenance and evolution of the site
- Optimize visitor experience by analyzing website analytics and recommending current best practices
Social Media Channels
- Manage distribution of content to CANARIE’s social media channels
- Recommend and implement paid and organic social media campaigns
- Provide graphic design for all communications channels, including the corporate website, digital ads, events, and internal communications, while maintaining a cohesive brand
Email Distribution Management
- Format and distribute approved press releases and emails via our email management tool
- Analyze demographics of social media and email subscribers to maximize reach and engagement
- Manage logistics of hosted in-person and virtual events, including all CANARIE webinars
The Ideal Candidate
To excel at CANARIE, you have a demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively on teams and are also an energetic self-starter with the self-motivation to work independently. You have excellent oral and written communication skills and can count time management, problem solving, and managing multiple priorities as your strengths. You also share a dedication to CANARIE’s core values: service, teamwork, innovation, quality, and integrity.
Relevant experience in publicly funded not-for-profit organizations is desirable. Bilingualism is preferred.
What You Bring
Education and Experience
- College diploma or university degree in Marketing/Digital Communications or a related field, or a suitable combination of education, experience, or other relevant training
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated graphic design expertise and understanding of colour, layout, and formatting
- High level of proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite
- Experience and proficiency editing WordPress sites
- Aptitude and knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite is desirable
- Experience and proficiency with video creation and software for social media, events, other promotional projects
- Working ability to write and edit HTML and CSS
Come Work with Us
If this seems to be the right fit for you, please send us a note and your resume with a portfolio of your most recent work to email@example.com, and include the position title in your subject. We thank all applicants, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.