Director, Marketing and Communications
- Driving program awareness and marketing strategies to increase the adoption of CANARIE programs
- Leading the development of communications strategies and messaging that influence the long-term success of CANARIE, and measuring their impact
- Ensuring departmental objectives and communications strategies align with corporate goals
- Providing leadership to staff, including ongoing coaching and staff development
- Directing the evolution of CANARIE’s communications channels, including CANARIE websites, social media channels, CANARIE-hosted events, external conference participation, branding, and presentations
- Ensuring community feedback is incorporated into CANARIE’s development and distribution of corporate and services messages
- Working with colleagues in the National Research and Education Network (NREN) and the Global Research and Education Network (GREN) where collaborative approaches to communications and messaging are warranted
- Domestic and international travel may occasionally be required
- Related duties and responsibilities, as required
The Ideal Candidate
To excel at CANARIE, you have a demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively on teams and are also an energetic self-starter with the self-motivation to work independently. You have excellent oral and written communication skills, and can count time management, problem solving, and managing multiple priorities as your strengths. You also share a dedication to CANARIE’s core values: service, teamwork, innovation, quality, and integrity.
Relevant experience in publicly funded not-for-profit organizations is desirable. Bilingualism is preferred.
What You Bring
Education and Experience
- College diploma or university degree in Communications, English, Marketing, or Business, or a suitable combination of education, experience, or other relevant training
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in a communications role
- Experience in developing and executing communications strategies and key messages at both a corporate and individual product/service level
- Experience in managing communications across multiple channels, including website, social media, and in-person/conference presentations
- Strong leadership and team mentoring skills
- Demonstrated ability to gain trust and support from internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent consultative and analytical skills
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Understanding of website analytics tools
Come Work with Us
We are committed to employment equity and encourage anyone who can contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives to apply. For applicants with disabilities, accommodation is available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
If this position seems to be the right fit for you, please send a note and your resume to email@example.com, and include the position title in your subject.
We thank all applicants, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.