- Providing hardware and software end user support
- Patching and updating IT systems
- Participating initiatives that reduce cybersecurity risks
- Maintaining inventory records for IT assets
- Procuring of IT items (e.g., laptops, software, etc.)
- Travel may occasionally be required
- Other related duties and responsibilities, as required
The Ideal Candidate
To excel at CANARIE, you have a demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively on teams and are also an energetic self-starter with the self-motivation to work independently. You have excellent oral and written communication skills, and can count time management, problem solving, and managing multiple priorities as your strengths. You also share a dedication to CANARIE’s core values: service, teamwork, inclusion, innovation, quality, and integrity.
Relevant experience in publicly funded not-for-profit organizations is desirable. Bilingualism is preferred.
What You Bring
Education and Experience
- College diploma or university degree in Computer Science or a suitable combination of education, experience, or other relevant training
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant progressive experience
- Previous working experience in a Windows-based IT environment
- Service oriented
- Able to clearly communicate technical information to all audiences
- Strong analytical skills and detailed-oriented
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Windows and server products
- Working knowledge of Apple MacOS, Linux, and VMWare
- Experience with LAN administration
- Working knowledge of SharePoint is desirable
- Experience with Wifi administration is desirable
Come Work with Us
We are committed to employment equity and encourage anyone who can contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives to apply. For applicants with disabilities, accommodation is available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
If this seems to be the right fit for you, please send a note and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the position title in your subject.
We thank all applicants, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.