Network Software Developer
- Participating in all facets of software and network services development
- Creating and maintaining software documentation, including requirements, and design specifications
- Designing, developing, and testing software applications related to the automation of network infrastructure and services
- Collaborating with other developers, security professionals and network engineering to ensure software applications are maintained and optimized for performance, security, and reliability
- Driving a shift toward containerization, monitoring, automated patch deployment and testing
- Collaborating with partners nationally and internationally potentially in a leadership role
- Participating in the operation and evolution of the CANARIE Network
- Improving the network reporting mechanisms and user support systems to increase operational efficiency
- Tracking network reliability, analyzing data and generate reporting
- Driving deployment and adoption of advanced network services
- As part of a team, providing 24 x 7 on call support for the CANARIE network
- Travel may occasionally be required
- Other related duties and responsibilities, as required
The Ideal Candidate
To excel at CANARIE, you have a demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively on teams and are also an energetic self-starter with the self-motivation to work independently. You have excellent oral and written communication skills, and can count time management, problem solving, and managing multiple priorities as your strengths. You also share a dedication to CANARIE’s core values: service, teamwork, inclusion, innovation, quality, and integrity.
Relevant experience in publicly funded not-for-profit organizations is desirable. Bilingualism is preferred.
What You Bring
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, or a suitable combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in software development, or a related field
- Experience with network related DevOps: Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience in database technologies: Relational Databases or Timeseries Databases
- Familiarity with software development methodologies
- Ability to clearly communicate technical information
- Exhibit critical thinking and creativity to solve complex problems related to network infrastructure and software development
- Effective time management to meet project deadlines and manage competing priorities
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Operational experience in Linux OS: Management and maintenance
- Working knowledge of TCPIP and/or networking technologies is desirable
- Experience with network operating systems, preference given to Nokia SROS but other network operating systems such as Cisco IOS or Juniper Junos is desirable
- Basic knowledge of optical network technologies like Wavelength Division Multiplexer is desirable
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
Come Work with Us
We are committed to employment equity and encourage anyone who can contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives to apply. For applicants with disabilities, accommodation is available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
If this seems to be the right fit for you, please send a note and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the position title in your subject.
We thank all applicants, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.