Support Specialist, Cloud
- Managing and processing the user application process
- Onboarding new users and offboarding graduating users
- Providing technical system level support
- Supporting the development of user-friendly technical documentation
- Participating in team enhancement projects, including planning, testing and deploying new features
- Assisting with development of monthly metrics reports
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
The Ideal Candidate
To excel at CANARIE, you have a demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively on teams and are also an energetic self-starter with the self-motivation to work independently. You have excellent oral and written communication skills, and can count time management, problem solving, and managing multiple priorities as your strengths. You also share a dedication to CANARIE’s core values: service, teamwork, innovation, quality, and integrity.
Relevant experience in publicly funded not-for-profit organizations is desirable. Bilingualism is preferred.
What You Bring
Education and Experience
The successful candidate will have a mixed Customer Support and Technical background and possess the following:
- College diploma or university degree in Computer Science or a suitable combination of education, experience, or other relevant training
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an information technology position
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a customer support role
- Ability to quickly learn new platforms and technologies
- Sound technical knowledge with one or more commercial clouds e.g. AWS, Azure, OpenStack, GCP, Oracle, IBM
- Comfortable working in both Windows and Linux environments
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite (Office 365)
- Experience with Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Python or other scripting languages is desirable
Come Work with Us
If this seems to be the right fit for you, please send us a note and your resume to email@example.com, and include the position title in your subject. We thank all applicants, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.