DAIR for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs)
If you’re a Canadian SME with fewer than 500 employees, you can use the DAIR Cloud to access free cloud-based resources to rapidly design, evaluate, and demonstrate new products or test and validate new features on your existing products.
CANARIE’s DAIR Cloud Program lets you:
- Test and build your next-gen product on a broad range of operating systems and architectures
- Demonstrate products or services “on-the-go” during pre-sales engagements
- Evaluate the impact of new technologies and tools for your product or service
- Run performance and scalability testing for your existing product or service
- Avoid locking in to a specific cloud provider. DAIR promotes cloud independence: you can choose the cloud best suited to your needs and easily migrate on your own terms.
More than 1,200 Canadian SMEs have used DAIR to develop, test, and demonstrate a range of products, including offerings in mobile apps, fin-tech, e-commerce, environmental technology/sustainable energy, IoT, home automation, gaming, advanced medical technology, and cybersecurity.
What’s the catch?
There is no catch. CANARIE is funded by Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED) to spur Canadian innovation and accelerate research and discovery. Resources provided through the DAIR Cloud Program are aimed at providing Canadian start-ups and SMEs a boost toward commercialization. Use the resources to learn, build, test, and experiment new products, services, and features/architectures.
Once you’re ready for commercialization, you can easily migrate your product or service to your own private cloud or a commercial cloud.
- We will not require your credit card information
- Your data remains in Canada
- You can easily migrate what you build to other clouds
Who is eligible to access the DAIR Cloud?
All Canadian companies with fewer than 500 employees are eligible to use DAIR for development, testing, or demonstration of new products or features for existing products or services.
Eligible users have access to the following free resources for a year:
- Flexible test-beds with straightforward Docker integration support
- 4 virtual cores (vCPUs)
- 4 virtual machines
- 8 GB RAM
- 80 GB storage across 4 file systems
- 200 GB of object storage (Swift/S3)
- Native OS: Windows Server 2012 R2, Server 2016 R2, CentOS 7.0, Ubuntu 14.04/16.04/18.04 LTS
- “Unlimited” data transfer in, within, and out of DAIR
- Configurable firewall
- Absolutely no charges, including OS licensing
- Technical support for DAIR resources
- NVIDIA Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) – Subject to availability
Additional capacity (compute and storage) may be available based on business justification and resource availability.
Applying to DAIR is simple.
To apply, complete and submit this 1-page form. Applications are reviewed promptly and you can expect a response within three (3) business days. Successful applicants will receive credentials to access DAIR resources within five (5) business days.
Applications can be submitted at any time, but in the event that the DAIR Program is over-subscribed, qualified applications will be served in the order that they are received.
Interested in applying but still have a few questions? Read the DAIR Frequently Asked Questions. If you have a question that hasn’t been answered, simply contact email@example.com and you will receive a response shortly.