DAIR for Start-ups and Early-Stage Businesses
If you’re a Canadian entrepreneur with a start-up, you can use the DAIR Cloud to access free cloud-based resources to rapidly design, prototype, and validate scalable products and services that you can demonstrate to potential customers and investors.
CANARIE’s DAIR Program lets you:
- Rev up new product introduction and get to market faster
- Reduce your product development time and costs
- Show your prototype to potential customers and investors anytime, from anywhere
- Have the freedom and flexibility to experiment in your design and development, to discover the optimal way to build your product
- Avoid locking in to a specific cloud provider. DAIR promotes cloud independence: you can choose the cloud best suited to your needs and easily migrate on your own terms.
More than 1,200 Canadian start-ups like yours have used DAIR to develop, test, and demonstrate a range of products, including offerings in mobile apps, fin-tech, e-commerce, environmental technology/sustainable energy, Internet of Things (IoT), home automation, gaming, advanced medical technology, and cybersecurity.
What’s the catch?
There is no catch. CANARIE is funded by Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED) to spur Canadian innovation and accelerate research and discovery. Resources provided through the DAIR Cloud Program are aimed at providing Canadian start-ups and SMEs a boost toward commercialization. Use DAIR’s resources to learn, build, test, and experiment and ask us for help when you need it.
Once you’re ready for commercialization, you can easily migrate your product to a commercial cloud.
- We will not require your credit card information
- Your data remains in Canada
- You can easily migrate what you build to other public clouds
Who is eligible to access the DAIR Cloud?
If you are a Canadian company with fewer than 500 employees, you are eligible to use DAIR for development, testing, or demonstration of new products. You can also use DAIR to develop new features for existing products and services.
Eligible users have access to the following free resources for a year:
- Flexible test-beds with straightforward Docker integration support
- 4 virtual cores (vCPUs)
- 4 virtual machines
- 8 GB RAM
- 80 GB storage across 4 file systems
- 200 GB of object storage (Swift/S3)
- Native OS: Windows Server 2012 R2, Server 2016 R2, CentOS 7.0, Ubuntu 14.04/16.04/18.04 LTS
- “Unlimited” data transfer in, within, and out of DAIR
- Configurable firewall
- Absolutely no charges, including OS licensing
- Technical support for DAIR resources
- NVIDIA Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) – Subject to availability
Additional capacity (compute and storage) may be available based on business justification and resource availability.
Applying to DAIR is simple.
To apply, complete and submit this 1-page form. Applications are reviewed promptly and you can expect a response within three (3) business days. Successful applicants will receive credentials to access DAIR resources within five (5) business days.
Applications can be submitted at any time, but in the event that the DAIR Program is over-subscribed, qualified applications will be served in the order that they are received.
Interested in applying but still have a few questions? Read the DAIR Frequently Asked Questions. If you have a question that hasn’t been answered, simply contact email@example.com and you will receive a response shortly.