DAIR for Start-ups and Early-Stage Businesses
If you’re a Canadian entrepreneur with a start-up, you can use the DAIR Cloud to access free cloud-based resources to rapidly design, prototype, and validate scalable products and services that you can demonstrate to potential customers and investors.
You can also access DAIR BoosterPacks: curated packages of documentation, cloud resources, and sample code that give early-stage start-ups an extra boost in adopting emerging technologies.
CANARIE’s DAIR Cloud Program lets you:
- Leverage the expertise of experienced Canadian entrepreneurs to learn about new, emerging technologies through BoosterPacks
- Rev up new product introduction and get to market faster
- Reduce your product development time and costs
- Build prototypes to showcase to potential customers and investors – anytime, from anywhere
- Have the freedom and flexibility to design and evaluate your products and services with various technical architectures, operating systems, and scalability options
- Keep your data in Canada
- Avoid locking in with a specific cloud provider. DAIR promotes cloud independence: you can choose the cloud best suited to your needs and easily migrate on your own terms.
More than 1,300 Canadian start-ups like yours have used DAIR to develop, test, and demonstrate a range of products, including offerings in mobile apps, fin-tech, e-commerce, environmental technology/sustainable energy, Internet of Things (IoT), home automation, gaming, advanced medical technology, and cybersecurity.
What’s the catch?
There is no catch.
CANARIE is funded by Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED) to spur Canadian innovation and accelerate research and discovery. Resources provided through the DAIR Cloud Program are aimed at providing Canadian start-ups and SMEs a boost toward commercialization. Use DAIR’s resources to learn, build, test, and experiment and ask us for help when you need it.
Once you’re ready for commercialization, you can easily migrate your product to a commercial cloud.
- We do not require your credit card information
- Your data remains in Canada
- You can easily migrate what you build to other public clouds
Who is eligible to access the DAIR Cloud?
If you are a Canadian company with fewer than 500 employees, you are eligible to use DAIR for development, testing, or demonstration of new products.
Eligible users have access to the following free resources for a year:
- DAIR BoosterPacks – curated packages of cloud resources and documentation about a specific emerging technology, built by experienced Canadian businesses willing to share their expertise. Learn more about BoosterPacks.
- DAIR Cloud Platform: A hybrid cloud environment with access to:
- Public cloud in Canadian datacenters (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure) for general compute workloads
- Access to cloud usage and other reports for your tenant account
- Cloud resource quotas:
- Each DAIR tenant is granted generous monthly credits to spend on hosted-in-Canada cloud resources or services (including data egress and storage charges)
- Invitations to an exclusive technical webinar series on cloud services, architecture design approaches, and related topics.
- Support provided via a private Slack channel for technical support and communication with other DAIR community users.
You may also qualify for additional resources based on the technologies that you expect to build on DAIR:
- Graphical Processor Units (GPUs) in CANARIE’s OpenStack private cloud: One NVIDIA Tesla P100 (Cuda v10.x) per applicant (subject to availability).
- Users may make use of the TensorRT GPU-Accelerated Neural Network Inference Library for building deep learning applications that integrate with many frameworks, including TensorFlow.
Applying to DAIR is simple.
To apply, complete and submit this 1-page form. Applications are reviewed promptly and you can expect a response within three (3) business days. Successful applicants will receive credentials to access DAIR resources within five (5) business days.
Applications can be submitted at any time, but in the event that the DAIR Cloud is over-subscribed, qualified applications will be processed in the order that they are received.
Interested in applying but still have a few questions? Read the DAIR Frequently Asked Questions. If you have a question that hasn’t been answered, simply contact firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response shortly.