COVID-19: CANARIE Update
We are closely monitoring announcements from our government and health authorities and are taking proactive steps to protect our staff and our communities.
Effective March 16, all CANARIE staff will work from home to practice social distancing as recommended by health authorities. Our return to the office will be determined by how this situation unfolds in Ottawa, where we are headquartered. All business operations will continue as normal and we will work diligently to ensure that we are serving the needs of Canada’s research and education community, and our partners and colleagues around the world.
All updates related to CANARIE’s activities in relation to COVID-19 will be made on this page.
During this time of shared challenges, we wish you and your loved ones health.
President and CEO
On behalf of the CANARIE Team
COVID-19 Resource Page
What’s the best way to stay informed?
Please subscribe to our emails for CANARIE updates.
Canadian Research Software Conference
Heeding the guidance of Quebec Ministry of Health, we’ve made the decision to cancel this year’s Canadian Research Software Conference, originally scheduled for May 26-27 in Montreal.
We thank our confirmed speakers and those of you who had registered to attend. All registration fees will be fully refunded. All hotel room bookings in the conference’s room block at the Omni Mont Royal can also be cancelled without penalty, up to 24 hours before the expected arrival date.
Local Research Software Support – Funding Call 1
In response to logistical challenges that members of Canada’s higher education community may be facing, we are extending the deadline for proposals to this funding call.
- The new deadline for submissions is April 30, 2020 at 1:00 p.m. ET.
- The new date for notification of selections is June 8, 2020.
National Research and Education Network
Together with our partners in Canada’s National Research and Education Network (NREN), we are working to ensure that NREN infrastructure continues to support the needs of Canadian research and education communities as the COVID-19 situation evolves. Our network teams are on alert and sharing information as they monitor network operations across the country. Normal network escalation protocols remain in effect. Should you need to contact a member of our network team, please see:
Network Operations Centre
- For network outages and scheduled maintenance please visit our Network Support page.
- 24/7 Telephone – 613.944.5612
- On-call Engineer – 613.944.5611
In the event of an unscheduled problem or outage, contact our Operations Centre during weekdays between 08:00-17:00 Eastern Time (UTC-5) as follows:
- Engineering Team: firstname.lastname@example.org – 613.944.5611
- Chief Engineer: Thomas Tam – email@example.com – 613.944.5609
- Chief Technology Officer: Mark Wolff – firstname.lastname@example.org – 613.943.0460
Provincial and Territorial NREN Partners
- Alberta – Cybera’s NOC | 403.536.0880 | email@example.com
- British Columbia – BCNET: Clarence Lee | 778.782.7764 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manitoba – MRnet: Gerry Miller | 204.224.4988 | email@example.com
- National Capital Region – Federal GigaPoP: Bruce Wood | 613.299.3941 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- New Brunswick – Educational Computer Network (ECN): David Totton | 506.447.3386 | email@example.com
- Newfoundland and Labrador – ACORN-NL: Steve Greene | 709.864.8329 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Northwest Territories – Aurora College: Jason Panter | 867.872.7010 | email@example.com
- Nova Scotia – ACORN-NS: Todd Williams | 902.453.2351 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ontario – ORION: Mark Grant | 416.420.4592 | email@example.com
- Prince Edward Island – PE GigaPoP: Dana Sanderson | 902.566.0552 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quebec – RISQ: Nancy Rancourt | 514.845.7181 x238 | email@example.com
- Saskatchewan – SRNET: Chad Coller | 306.261.9425 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yukon – Yukon University: Katie Tuck | 867.456.8554 | email@example.com