eVA Instructions for Visitors
Connect to eduroam easily and securely using the Configuration Assist Tool (CAT):
Download and install the eduroam CAT tool on every device: https://cat.eduroam.org/?idp=6233
Mobile Devices (Apple):
- Go to the eduroam CAT website (URL above) and click on the “Download your eduroam installer” button.
- Once downloaded, go to Settings, click on the “Profile Downloaded” link and install the profile.
- Enter the username and password that you have received by e-mail or text message and click on “Join”.
Mobile Devices (Android) :
- Go to the Google Play store and download the eduroam CAT installer (GEANT Association)
- Go to the eduroam CAT website (URL above) and click on the “Download your eduroam installer” button
- Follow the instructions provided and enter the username and password that you have received by e-mail or text message.
Laptops and tablets:
- If you already have an internet connection: Download and install the CAT tool to configure your access.
- If you do NOT have an internet connection: Go to “Wi-fi settings”, find the “eduroam” network, click on “Connect” and enter your eVA credentials.
Once connected to the internet, ensure that you download and install the eduroam CAT tool in order to ensure a secure connection.
Please note that you may experience a momentary lapse in internet connectivity while your device re-negotiates the secure connection.
Code of Conduct and Netiquette
Users are required to abide by all restrictions and policies applied by the host organization where they are using eduroam as a visitor, as well as at any other institutions or organizations visited while their credentials are active.
The access code provided by text or e-mail is strictly personal and not transferable. Users are required to keep their password strictly confidential. Where users are aware of any misuse of their access code, they must report this to their host as soon as possible.
The host organization may enforce additional user rules and conditions to which visitors must adhere.