As an additional benefit for our members, higher education and research institutions can take advantage of free Splunk Certified Power User training for ALL their students, staff, and faculty. This training is valued at $3,500 CAD per user.
Splunk is a leading developer of tools that enable search, monitoring, analysis and visualization of machine data. The Splunk platform can read data from most campus IT infrastructure, including student registration systems, learning management systems, networks, web servers, log files, firewall data, remote sensors, mobile and online learning applications, legacy applications, application servers and structured databases. The Splunk platform uses machine data to identify problems, risks and opportunities to improve operational effectiveness and security. Learn more at splunk.com.
What’s Included in the Training?
Eligible CANARIE members can have free access to the four modules that are required to become a Splunk Certified Power User. The modules include:
- Using Splunk
- Searching & Reporting with Splunk
- Creating Splunk Knowledge Objects
- Splunk Infrastructure Overview
After completion of the four modules, participants can complete an online test to become a certified Power User. Details about the course are available on splunk.com/view/SP-CAAAJEN
Please note: training materials are only available in English.
Training Enrolment Process
- Member institutions submit completed applications to CANARIE.
Note: the application must be completed by an individual with authority to represent their organization.
- Institutions receive a confirmation of their eligibility from CANARIE within 10 days of their application, along with detailed instructions for their users to register for and access training resources.
- Primary contacts from confirmed institutions disseminate training instructions to staff and students at their organization.
- Each user can only register once for any given module of the Splunk Power User training program.
- The program will be available for staff and student use only.
- Each module must be completed within 30 days from the registration date. Modules cannot be extended without a fee being due.
- Modules cannot be repeated.
- This program will expire on December 31, 2017. Users who have registered for a module before this date will have 30 days in which to complete the 4 courses.
Should Our Organization Become a Member of CANARIE?
Members of CANARIE play a critical role in the governance and evolution of the organization, helping ensure Canada remains at the forefront of research and innovation.
CANARIE members have a unique opportunity to engage with Canada’s leading research, education and innovation stakeholders and participate in the evolution of a key component of Canada’s digital infrastructure. Members benefit from discounted pricing on selected CANARIE programs and are entitled to receive preferential registration rates for the CANARIE National Summit. Members have the opportunity to participate in CANARIE’s governance through participation and voting at the Annual General Meeting.
The membership fee is $2,500 CAD annually, plus applicable taxes. Membership applications are subject to the approval of the CANARIE Board of Directors. Membership applications and fees are renewable annually.
Learn more and apply for membership: canarie.ca/members