Network measurement and monitoring are an integral part of CANARIE’s network operations. Data that are collected from various tools help network operators identify and address problems, so that early signs of problems can be detected before they escalate to network failures.
CANARIE’s Network Operations Centre (NOC) has made some of these tools available for external users. They provide self-help diagnostics and insight regarding network activities, including current outages, scheduled maintenance, etc. Through the use of these tools, users or other network operators can perform basic troubleshooting activities.
Available network tools include:
- CANARIE Routing Registry – The CANARIE Routing Registry (CRR) is a repository of CANARIE Network routing information. The data contained within is populated and used by the CANARIE NOC and RAN Operators to configure and engineer network routing, and troubleshoot routing issues. RAN Operators maintain up-to-date information in the CRR by directly registering them through a self-help web tool.
- CANARIE Routing Proxy – CANARIE Router Proxy is a web tool that offers users a read access to our core routers to retrieve routing information. This web tool allows users to perform basic troubleshooting of network and routing issues before contacting CANARIE NOC.
- Network Maintenance Status – Network Maintenance Status is an end-user tool to show a list of scheduled maintenance events in the coming weeks. The web tool gives users an ability to look at the detail of scheduled maintenance events.
- Network Outages Status – Network Outages is an end-user tool to report on current network outages of the CANARIE Network. Through the web tool users can obtain latest updates of network incidents and a list of affected services.
CANARIE IP Network Real-Time Traffic Maps:
- IPv4 Network Traffic Map – The IPv4 Network Traffic Map shows network traffic stats of CANARIE IPv4 Network. It allows users to see network traffic load over time in graphical form.
- IPv6 Network Traffic Map – The IPv6 Network Traffic Map shows network traffic stats of CANARIE IPv6 Network. It allows users to see network traffic load over time in graphical form.
- Content Delivery System (CDS) Traffic Map – The CDS Traffic Map shows network traffic stats of CDS network. It allows users to see network traffic load over time in graphical form.