Call for Posters
If you are a student or a research software developer early in your career, you are invited to submit a poster in the Poster Competition. Topics for posters may include discussions of your current project or topics related to the development of software for academic research that you wish to discuss with conference attendees. Posters will be on display during both days of the conference, with poster sessions during the coffee and lunch breaks.
Competition and Prizes
All conference attendees will be invited to vote on the posters, with prizes awarded during the closing remarks at the end of day 2, on May 30, 2018.
- 1st Place: $500 Amazon.ca Gift Card
- 2nd Place: $350 Amazon.ca Gift Card
- 3rd Place: $150 Amazon.ca Gift Card
Poster Competition Proposal Submission Guidelines
Submissions must include:
- Name, title, email address, and organization of presenter(s)
- Bio for each presenter (maximum 300 characters)
- Poster abstract (maximum 500 characters). Please note that the maximum size for a poster is 0.9m x 1.2m (3ft x 4ft).
- For those selected, posters should be legible from a distance of 1m and must not be larger than 0.9m x 1.2m (3ft x 4ft).
The following criteria will be used to select posters proposals:
- Clarity of the proposal
- Relevance of the topic to the Canadian research software development community
- Uniqueness/originality of the topic
- March 29, 2018 at 5 PM ET – Submission deadline
- April 9, 2018 – Notification of successful submissions