Call for Presentations
Research software developers, computational researchers, and students are invited to submit proposals for presentations at the inaugural Canadian Research Software Conference. Topics may include discussions of your current project, a challenge you are facing in your current project, or topics related to the development of software for academic research that you wish to discuss with conference attendees.
Proposals for both Long-form Talks and Lightning Talks are welcome from both individuals and groups. All those selected to speak at the conference will receive complimentary registration. Slides must be in PowerPoint or PDF format.
Long-form Talks: 20 minutes (15-minute presentation plus 5 minutes for Q&A)
Lightning Talks: 5 minutes (2 slides max). Ideal for first-time presenters, the purpose of a lightning talk is to encourage new collaborations by letting people know about yourself and what you’re working on.
Submissions must include:
- Name, title, email address, and organization of presenter(s)
- Type of talk (long-form or lightning)
- Bio for each presenter (maximum 300 characters)
- Presentation abstract (maximum 500 characters)
The following criteria will be used to select presentation proposals:
- Clarity of the proposal
- Relevance of the topic to the Canadian research software development community
- Uniqueness/originality of the topic
- March 29, 2018 at 5 PM ET – Submission deadline
- April 9, 2018 – Notification of successful submissions
- May 18, 2018 – Slides due to conference organizers