Frequently Asked Questions
- + Do I have to be a participant in the CANARIE Research Software Program in order to use the Software Services registered on the Research Software Service Registry page?
- No, all of these services are free to use for research purposes.
- + I’m not currently a participant in CANARIE’s Research Software Program, but I’d like to register my own Software Service or Platform on the Research Software Service Registry page. Is that possible?
- Absolutely. CANARIE relies on community contributions to help grow the ecosystem to benefit all researchers. Please contact email@example.com to discuss.
- + What are the Services and Platforms listed as “Coming Soon” on the Research Software Service Registry page?
- Coming Soon Services and Platforms are currently under active development. We publish these resources to let platform developers know that new functionality will soon be available. If you would like to contact the developers of a Coming Soon Service or Platform for more information, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be happy to facilitate an introduction.
- + I see that there are three classes of Services – Managed, Self-deployed and Integrated. What are the differences?
- This document describes the differences.
- + How can I keep up to date with events related to CANARIE’s Research Software Program?
- You can subscribe to our newsletter here. Past editions of the newsletter are archived here.
- + I’m interested in using one of the Research Platforms registered on the Research Software Service Registry page. Is that possible?
- If you want to use the deployed instance of a registered Platform, please contact the owners listed on the Platform detail’s page support email address. If a Platform is listed as “Self-Deployed” you will be able to download source code or other release media and deploy an instance on your own hardware or cloud resource.