- Discover free software to enable scientific research.
- Accelerate your time to discovery by making use of existing software, developed for research by researchers.
- Contribute your own research software to help fast-track future scientific discoveries
The CANARIE Research Software Portal allows researchers and research software developers to find and learn about software contributed by program participants and by members of the greater research community. All software registered with the portal is free to use for research purposes by anyone, anywhere.
The portal supports Research Platforms and Research Software Services in separate registries. Research projects funded by CANARIE contribute software back to the Registry – both as Research Platforms and Research Software Services. Additionally, any software developer is welcome to contribute Platforms and Services to the registry for use by other research teams.
The Portal consists of:
- The Software Registries – Designed to let you quickly determine which software resources might meet your needs.
- Details and Documentation – All software contributors to provide a standard documentation set so that you can learn all there is to know about each resource from one location.
- Software Availability Monitoring – A 28-day graph of the availability of contributed software resources and their documentation is presented for each contributed resource.
- Extras for Software Contributors – Owners of contributed software are provided with 28-day usage graphs, allowing you to easily spot trends and detect loading issues. A special unpublished mode that allows for long term monitoring before your resource is made public is also available.