- Develop, evolve, and implement procurement processes
- Manage complex procurement projects across multiple departments and/or organizations
- Lead staff (including cross-functional teams) through the procurement process
- Prepare and issue procurement documents including Request for Information, Request for Proposals and Request for Quotes
- Procure goods and services including technical solutions, lease agreements, hardware and software, general office, etc.
- Review vendor agreements to ensure adherence to requirements and coordinate legal review
- Coordinate with Finance to ensure alignment between budgets and purchases
- Provide staff with guidance and training
- In coordination with Legal, develop and manage a vendor contract administration process including maintaining a legal commitments database and corresponding records
- Manage the vendor contract renewal and vendor of record administrative processes
- Manage the process for fulfilment of CANARIE’s contractual obligations
- Develop, collect, analyze, and report on procurement metrics
- Develop monthly procurement reports
Travel may occasionally be required.
Other related duties and responsibilities, as required.
The Ideal Candidate
To excel at CANARIE, you have a demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively on teams and are also an energetic self-starter with the self-motivation to work independently. You have excellent oral and written communication skills, and can count time management, problem solving, and managing multiple priorities as your strengths. You also share a dedication to CANARIE’s core values: service, teamwork, inclusion, innovation, quality, and integrity.
Relevant experience in publicly funded not-for-profit organizations is desirable. Bilingualism is preferred.
What You Bring
Education and Experience
- College diploma or university degree in Business or Finance or a suitable combination of education, experience, or other relevant training
- Minimum of 7 years of procurement experience
- Experience developing and implementing procurement policy and processes
- SCMP designation is desirable
- Knowledge of procurement best practices
- Superior organizational skills
- Ability to interpret and implement policies and procedures
- Project management skills
- Proven ability to research business solutions
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Working experience in ERP applications and related reporting tools
Come Work with Us
We are committed to employment equity and encourage anyone who can contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives to apply. For applicants with disabilities, accommodation is available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
If this position seems to be the right fit for you, please send a note and your resume to email@example.com, and include the position title in your subject.
We thank all applicants, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.