Connect to the CANARIE Network
- Eligible organizations that are not able to connect through one of our NREN partners or through SSC
- International partners, who may connect directly to the CANARIE Network or to one of our NREN partners (based on the location of their points of presence)
In specific cases, for-profit organizations may connect to the CANARIE Network if use of the CANARIE infrastructure is for research and education purposes.
All cases where connections are made directly to the CANARIE Network are in consultation with our local NREN partner or SSC.
Learn more about CANARIE’s:
How to Connect to the CANARIE Network
- Contact one of our provincial or territorial NREN partners or SSC below, based on your location.
- The NREN partner or SSC may charge fees and may have their own Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) for accessing their network. These fees and AUPs are established by the NREN partner or SSC and reflect local costs, funding arrangements, and other factors.
- If your organization cannot reach an agreement for connecting to an NREN partner or SSC, you may apply to directly connect to the CANARIE Network. Such requests must be approved by CANARIE in consultation with the NREN Governance Committee (made up of representatives of NREN partners and CANARIE). The applicant must bear all costs, including any additional costs imposed upon the CANARIE Network.