DAIR for Business Incubators and Accelerators
If you’re a Canadian incubator or accelerator, you can augment your portfolio of resources and services for your clients with CANARIE’s DAIR Cloud Program. DAIR gives Canadian SMEs access to free cloud-based resources to rapidly design, prototype, and validate scalable products and services that they can demonstrate to potential customers and investors.
Your SME clients can also access DAIR BoosterPacks: curated packages of documentation, cloud resources, and sample code that give early-stage start-ups an extra boost in adopting emerging technologies.
CANARIE’s DAIR Cloud Program lets you strengthen the portfolio of your offerings to your clients by providing a unique, hosted-in-Canada cloud solution. Clients can focus on development while receiving access for a full year at no cost, with no hidden fees.
The DAIR Cloud Program enables your SME clients to:
- Leverage the expertise of experienced Canadian entrepreneurs to learn about new, emerging technologies through BoosterPacks
- Rev up new product introduction and get to market faster
- Reduce product development time and costs
- Build prototypes to showcase to potential customers and investors – anytime, from anywhere
- Have the freedom and flexibility to design and evaluate their products and services with various technical architectures, operating systems, and scalability options
- Keep their data in Canada
- Avoid locking in with a specific cloud provider. DAIR promotes cloud independence: SMEs can choose the cloud best suited to their needs and easily migrate on their own terms.
More than 1,300 Canadian start-ups have used DAIR to develop, test, and demonstrate a range of products, including offerings in mobile apps, fin-tech, e-commerce, environmental technology/sustainable energy, IoT, home automation, gaming, advanced medical technology, and cybersecurity.
What’s the catch?
There is no catch.
CANARIE is funded by Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED) to spur Canadian innovation and accelerate research and discovery. Resources provided through the DAIR Cloud Program are aimed at providing Canadian start-ups and SMEs a boost toward commercialization. Your clients can use DAIR resources to learn, build, test, and experiment and ask us for help when they need it.
Products and services that are ready for commercialization can easily be migrated to a commercial cloud.
- We do not require credit card information
- All data remains in Canada
- Businesses can easily migrate what they build to other public clouds
Who is eligible to access the DAIR Cloud?
All Canadian companies with fewer than 500 employees are eligible to use DAIR for development, testing, or demonstration of new products, or new features for existing products or services.
Apply to DAIR
Eligible users have access to the following free resources for a year:
- DAIR BoosterPacks – curated packages of cloud resources and documentation about a specific emerging technology, built by experienced Canadian businesses willing to share their expertise. Learn more about BoosterPacks.
- DAIR Cloud Platform: A hybrid cloud environment with access to:
- Public cloud in Canadian datacenters (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure) for general compute workloads
- Access to cloud usage and other reports for your tenant account
- Cloud resource quotas:
- Each DAIR tenant is granted generous monthly credits to spend on hosted-in-Canada cloud resources or services (including data egress and storage charges)
- Invitation to an exclusive technical webinar series on various cloud services, architecture design approaches, and related topics.
- Support provided via a private Slack channel for technical support and communication with other DAIR community users.
Your clients may also qualify for additional resources based on the technologies that they expect to build on DAIR:
- Graphical Processor Units (GPUs) in CANARIE’s OpenStack private cloud: One NVIDIA Tesla P100 (Cuda v10.x) per applicant (subject to availability).
- Users may make use of the TensorRT GPU-Accelerated Neural Network Inference Library for building deep learning applications that integrate with many frameworks, including TensorFlow.
Applying to DAIR is simple.
To apply, your clients complete and submit a 1-page form. Applications are reviewed promptly, and they can expect a response within three (3) business days. Successful applicants will receive credentials to access DAIR resources within five (5) business days.
Applications can be submitted at any time, but in the event that the DAIR Cloud is over-subscribed, qualified applications will be processed in the order that they are received.
Apply to DAIR
To learn more about how you can add DAIR Cloud resources to your portfolio of client services and how we can support you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.