DAIR for Business Incubators and Accelerators
If you’re a Canadian incubator or accelerator, you can augment the portfolio of resources and services for your clients with CANARIE’s DAIR Cloud Program. DAIR gives Canadian SMEs access to free cloud-based resources to rapidly design, prototype, and validate scalable products and services that they can demonstrate to potential customers and investors.
CANARIE’s DAIR Cloud Program lets you:
- Strengthen the portfolio of your offerings to your clients by providing a unique, hosted-in-Canada cloud solution. Clients can focus on development while receiving access for a full year at no cost, with no hidden fees.
- Encourage your clients to design and evaluate their products and services with various technical architectures, operating systems, and scalability options, without locking in with a specific cloud provider.
More than 1,200 Canadian start-ups have used DAIR to develop, test, and demonstrate a range of products, including offerings in mobile apps, fin-tech, e-commerce, environmental technology/sustainable energy, IoT, home automation, gaming, advanced medical technology, and cybersecurity.
What’s the catch?
There is no catch. CANARIE is funded by Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED) to spur Canadian innovation and accelerate research and discovery. Resources provided through the DAIR Cloud Program are aimed at providing Canadian start-ups and SMEs a boost toward commercialization. Your clients can use DAIR resources to learn, build, test, and experiment and ask us for help when they need it.
Products and services that are ready for commercialization can easily be migrated to a commercial cloud.
- We will not require their credit card information
- All data remains in Canada
- Businesses can easily migrate what they build to other public clouds
Who is eligible to access the DAIR Cloud?
All Canadian companies with fewer than 500 employees are eligible to use DAIR for development, testing, or demonstration of new products or features for existing products or services.
Eligible start-ups and SMEs have access to the following free resources for a year:
- Flexible test-beds with straightforward Docker integration support
- 4 virtual cores (vCPUs)
- 4 virtual machines
- 8 GB RAM
- 80 GB storage across 4 file systems
- 200 GB of object storage (Swift/S3)
- Native OS: Windows Server 2012 R2, Server 2016 R2, CentOS 7.0, Ubuntu 14.04/16.04/18.04 LTS
- “Unlimited” data transfer in, within, and out of DAIR
- Configurable firewall
- Absolutely no charges, including OS licensing
- Technical support for DAIR resources
- NVIDIA Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) – Subject to availability
Additional capacity (compute and storage) may be available based on business justification and resource availability.
Applying to DAIR is simple.
To apply, complete and submit this 1-page form. Applications are reviewed promptly and you can expect a response within three (3) business days. Successful applicants will receive credentials to access DAIR resources within five (5) business days.
Applications can be submitted at any time, but in the event that the DAIR Program is over-subscribed, qualified applications will be served in the order that they are received.
Interested in applying but still have a few questions? Read the DAIR Frequently Asked Questions. If you have a question that hasn’t been answered, simply contact email@example.com and you will receive a response shortly.