We are working together on advancing equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Our goal is to create an inclusive, safe, and welcoming space for our staff, partners, and stakeholders. We’re committed to building a workplace that reflects the beauty of diversity in Canada, while enabling equitable access to our programs and services.
Through an organization-wide commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion, we’ve embraced a culture of learning and un-learning that has helped us define opportunities for ongoing improvement. Spanning all CANARIE teams, we’ve committed to personal and corporate actions that contribute to a more equitable, diverse, and inclusive Canada. We are:
- Committing to ongoing learning and actions that contribute to Truth and Reconciliation with Indigenous brothers and sisters
- Recognizing and learning about cultural days that are significant for our team
- Evolving our internal policies to support staff volunteer opportunities and work toward equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Developing codes of conduct for our suppliers and staff
- Reviewing our HR policies and recruitment practices
- Evolving our program reach to under-served communities across Canada
- Providing ongoing training and development on topics that support equity, diversity, and inclusion for our staff, Board, and partner organizations
Stronger Together: A shared commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion across Canada’s research and education community
Together, with the Digital Research Alliance of Canada (the Alliance), we’ve formed a joint EDI working group to advance initiatives supporting equity, diversity, and inclusion at both organizations. As an initial step to guide our collaborations, we worked together to develop a shared commitment:
- We will build a team that reflects the diversity of the communities and country that we serve.
- We will embrace empathy and understanding to create an accessible, equitable, and inclusive culture.
- We will welcome and support each person’s whole and authentic self through encouraging diversity of thought and providing a safe environment for learning and growth.
- We will be courageous in our conversations, and we will seek to learn and unlearn together.
- We commit to this journey and will hold ourselves accountable as we move forward.