How many BoosterPacks are accepted?
Each year, we fund five Canadian entrepreneurs, or small/medium-sized businesses (with under 500 employees). We currently have space for new Builders & encourage you to submit your expression of interest as soon as possible.
Tips to get started:
- Use our templates – you don’t have to start from the beginning! We have multiple templates available to make the process simple for you.
- Check out existing BoosterPacks to understand what’s required for audience, readability, and content expectations.
- Your solution:
- Must be 100% open-source (no corporate intellectual property) and cannot include any temporary, free licenses to use or access a proprietary software platform, APIs, or SaaS.
- Should be flexible and reusable to provide benefit to a broad range of market verticals.
Be sure to include:
- Details on the problem your BoosterPack sample application is set to solve. Does this problem exist in multiple markets?
- One or more specific examples of use cases that would benefit from the solution, and what level of complexity is required to customize it to fit other market needs.
- Details on what special equipment is required to demonstrate or use the solution.
- Data details (if required):
- Where does the data come from?
- Does the data contain any PII or is it Open Data?
- How much storage is required?
- Must already have the in-house expertise and proven capability with the technology today.
- Once your BoosterPack is launched, you can expect 1-2 hours of support per week responding to DAIR users’ questions for a 6-month trial period.
We’re currently looking for BoosterPacks in:
- Augmented/Virtual Reality
- Infrastructure as Code
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (model training)
- Big Data Storage, Processing and Analytics
- Blockchain Ledger (for non-financial use)
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- No-SQL Database
The Application and Selection Process
- Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) using this form
- If your EOI application is successful, you’ll be invited to submit a Statement of Work and present an overview of your proposed BoosterPack to CANARIE’s Innovation and Commercialization Committee
- The Innovation and Commercialization Committee selects Builders that will be funded. Builders are expected to deliver a BoosterPack within six months.