- Designing and developing software in support of CANARIE’s programs
- Working effectively within an Agile development team
- Participating in user story definition, task planning, and estimation
- Participating in code reviews of software to maintain code quality
- Consistently improving software components
- Researching and evaluating innovative technologies and approaches
- Contributing to CANARIE’s software development best practices
- Travel may occasionally be required
- Related duties and responsibilities, as required
The Ideal Candidate
To excel at CANARIE, you have a demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively on teams and are also an energetic self-starter with the self-motivation to work independently. You have excellent oral and written communication skills, and can count time management, problem solving, and managing multiple priorities as your strengths. You also share a dedication to CANARIE’s core values: service, teamwork, innovation, quality, and integrity.
Relevant experience in publicly funded not-for-profit organizations is desirable. Bilingualism is preferred.
What You Bring
Education and Experience
- College diploma or university degree in Computer Science or a suitable combination of education, experience, or other relevant training
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in a software developer role
- Previous working experience with either Kanban or SCRUM development practices
- Developing software for containerization and DevOps
- Developing software stories from detailed software requirements
- Web GUI development experience
- Ability to apply software design patterns and systems thinking to a new problem
- Technical problem-solving skills; able to analyze and find alternative solutions
- Ability to clearly communicate technical information
- Ability to learn new platforms, programming languages, and technologies
- An understanding of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation model is desirable
- Working knowledge of the following:
- Environments: Docker, Kubernetes, Linux, Windows, AWS (or other cloud)
- Technologies: RESTful APIs, Open API, JSON, XML, Docker Compose, Helm
- Tools: Git, GitLab
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of database design and database system administration is desirable
Come Work with Us
We are committed to employment equity and encourage anyone who can contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives to apply. For applicants with disabilities, accommodation is available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
If this position seems to be the right fit for you, please send a note and your resume to email@example.com, and include the position title in your subject.
We thank all applicants, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.