CANARIE connects Canadians to each other and to the world. Our programs equip Canadian researchers, students, and startups to excel on the global stage.
Together with our thirteen provincial and territorial partners, we form Canada’s National Research and Education Network. This ultra-high-speed network connects Canada’s researchers, educators, and innovators to each other and to global data, technology, and colleagues.
Beyond the network, we fund and promote the development of software for research and national efforts to manage data generated from research. To strengthen the security of Canada’s research and education sector, we collaborate with our partners in the NREN, government, academia, and the private sector to fund, implement, and support cybersecurity initiatives. We also provide identity management services to the academic community and boost Canada’s startups with cloud resources and expertise in emerging technologies.
Established in 1993, we are a non-profit corporation, with most of our funding provided by the Government of Canada.
Research, collaboration and innovation. Anytime.
CANARIE designs and delivers digital infrastructure, and drives its adoption for research, education and innovation.
Advancement of Canada’s knowledge and innovation infrastructure.
CANARIE’s mandate for the period of April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2024 includes the following:
- Providing an internationally competitive ultra-high speed network for Canada’s research, innovation and advanced education communities;
- Developing, demonstrating and implementing next generation technologies; and
- Assisting firms operating in Canada and Canadian institutions to advance innovation and commercialization of products and services to bolster Canada’s technology capabilities.
- Service: Anticipation of stakeholder needs and reliability in responding to these needs
- Teamwork: Respect and support for coworkers in a collaborative work environment
- Innovation: Active contribution to a culture that develops expertise and fosters creativity
- Quality: Commitment to excellence
- Integrity: Commitment to ethical and transparent decisions and interactions
CANARIE celebrates 25 years…
Learn more about Canada’s National Research and Education Network:
Click the image to download the PDF.