CANARIE strengthens Canadian leadership in science and technology by delivering digital infrastructure that supports world-class research and innovation.
CANARIE and its twelve provincial and territorial partners form Canada’s National Research and Education Network. This ultra-high-speed network connects Canada’s researchers, educators and innovators to each other and to global data, technology, and colleagues.
Beyond the network, CANARIE funds and promotes reusable research software tools and national research data management initiatives to accelerate discovery, provides identity management services to the academic community, and offers advanced networking and cloud resources to boost commercialization in Canada’s technology sector.
Established in 1993, CANARIE is a non-profit corporation, with the majority of its funding provided by the Government of Canada.
For more information, please visit: www.canarie.ca.
Research, collaboration and innovation. Anytime.
CANARIE designs and delivers digital infrastructure, and drives its adoption for research, education and innovation.
Advancement of Canada’s knowledge and innovation infrastructure.
CANARIE’s mandate for the period of April 1, 2015 to March 31, 2020 includes the following:
- Providing an internationally competitive ultra-high speed network for Canada’s research, innovation and advanced education communities;
- Developing, demonstrating and implementing next generation technologies; and
- Assisting firms operating in Canada and Canadian institutions to advance innovation and commercialization of products and services to bolster Canada’s technology capabilities.
- Service: Anticipation of stakeholder needs and reliability in responding to these needs
- Teamwork: Respect and support for coworkers in a collaborative work environment
- Innovation: Active contribution to a culture that develops expertise and fosters creativity
- Quality: Commitment to excellence
- Integrity: Commitment to ethical and transparent decisions and interactions
CANARIE celebrates 25 years…
Learn more about Canada’s National Research and Education Network:
Click the image to download the PDF.