Accessible Customer Service Plan – Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
CANARIE Inc. is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, CANARIE Inc. will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
The notice will be placed on our website and at our administrative office.
CANARIE Inc. will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- CANARIE Inc.’s plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing CANARIE Inc.’s goods and services
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the manner in which CANARIE Inc. provides goods and services to people with disabilities can write, telephone, fax or email feedback to the attention of:
Financial Reporting Officer
45 O’Connor Street, Suite 1150
Ottawa, ON K1P 1A4
All feedback, including complaints, will be reviewed and responded to within 15 business days.
Modifications to This or Other Policies
Any policy of CANARIE Inc. that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.