- Conducting research and analysis on public policy issues related to CANARIE’s role in the digital infrastructure ecosystem
- Preparing written communications such as reports, presentations, and letters
- Drafting CANARIE’s annual compliance documentation (Annual Report and Business Plan)
- Supporting CANARIE’s annual outreach both to university leadership and to MPs
- Assisting in CANARIE’s advocacy activities with government and external stakeholders
- Travel may occasionally be required
- Other related duties and responsibilities, as required
The Ideal Candidate
To excel at CANARIE, you have a demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively on teams and are also an energetic self-starter with the self-motivation to work independently. You have excellent oral and written communication skills, and can count time management, problem solving, and managing multiple priorities as your strengths. You also share a dedication to CANARIE’s core values: service, teamwork, inclusion, innovation, quality, and integrity.
Relevant experience in publicly funded not-for-profit organizations is desirable. Bilingualism is preferred.
What You Bring
Education and Experience
- College diploma or university degree or a suitable combination of education, experience, or other relevant training
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a public policy, research, or legislative environment
- Understanding of policy analysis, research, strategic planning, and/or performance measurement
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to synthesize, analyze, and communicate information to develop reports and documents
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to gain trust and support from internal and external stakeholders
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
Come Work with Us
We are committed to employment equity and encourage anyone who can contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives to apply. For applicants with disabilities, accommodation is available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
If this position seems to be the right fit for you, please send a note and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the position title in your subject.
We thank all applicants, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.