DAIR (Digital Accelerator for Innovation and Research) leverages Canada’s investment in the CANARIE national backbone research and education network to accelerate product development and market competitiveness of small and medium-sized Canadian companies. DAIR provides Canadian tech entrepreneurs access to free cloud-based (virtual) compute and storage resources.
CANARIE’s DAIR Program lets you:
- Rev up product development and get to market faster
- Reduce your product development costs
- Show your prototype quickly to potential customers and investors
- Have the freedom and flexibility to experiment in your design and development, to discover the optimal way to build your product
CANARIE has helped more than 700 Canadian start-ups take their ideas to the cloud. Read our Case Studies to learn more about the benefits that businesses like yours have seen after using DAIR. Current users leverage DAIR to develop, test, and demonstrate a range of products, including offerings in mobile applications, multimedia offerings, IT security systems, and many more.
Any Canadian small or medium-size company (< 500 employees) may apply to DAIR to develop, test, or demonstrate pre-revenue, pre-production products.
What You Get
Eligible users have access to the following free resources for a year (additional resources for nominal fees) for development, testing and trials:
- 4 virtual cores (vCPUs)
- 4 virtual machines
- 8 GB RAM
- 80 GB storage across 4 file systems
- 200 GB of object storage
- NVIDIA GRID Graphical Processor Unit (on an as-needed basis)
- Native OS: Windows Server 2008, R2 Server 2012, Windows 7, Centos 6.0/7.0, Ubuntu 10.04/12.04/14.04
- “Unlimited” data transfer in, within, and out of DAIR
How to Apply
To apply, complete the 1-page form, which only takes 2 minutes, and expect to receive a response to your application within a week.
Application Review Procedure
Organizations MUST apply to the DAIR Program electronically by clicking on the “Apply to DAIR” button in the sidebar on the right of this page.
Applications may be submitted at any time, but in the event that the DAIR Program is over-subscribed, qualified applications will be served in the order that they are received. Applications will be reviewed within a week.
Interested in applying but still have a few questions? Read the DAIR Frequently Asked Questions. If you have a question that hasn’t been answered, simply contact firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response in the next couple of days.