Canada’s Digital Future on the Agenda at CANARIE National Summit
Kathryn Anthonisen, Vice President, External Relations, CANARIE
The fall conference season is approaching fast, and with it the competing demands of work projects and deadlines versus the desire to be informed, challenged, and inspired by new ideas. It’s not easy to take two full days out of the office, so we’ve worked hard to make our National Summit a must-attend event for leaders from the higher education, government and business sectors.
So how do you create a program that meets the needs of all three? By making sure to take a broad look at how innovation is shaping Canada’s future digital economy and lining up the best talent to make it all come alive.
Where else will you hear from a Canadian entrepreneur in wearable technology, a leading European futurist and venture capitalist, a Canadian pioneer in robotics, and a British visionary in digital infrastructure, all at the same conference? Add in researchers who are improving health care using Big Data, an MD who uses a 3D printer to create custom medical devices, and a few folks with strong opinions on how well Canadians are turning knowledge into products and services, and you’ve got a year’s worth of food for thought. Sprinkle in plenty of opportunities to network and debate, add some hands-on demos of leading-edge technologies and research applications, and you’ve got more than enough reasons to reschedule that staff meeting.
Here’s more info on our speaker lineup:
- Nicklas Bergman: Surviving and Thriving in the Techstorm
- Karl Martin: Redefining Identity Through Wearables
- Dr. Vincent Martin: Engineering the Little Green Factories
- Dr. Julielynn Wong: Emerging Technologies: The Opportunity for Canada
- Dr. Carolyn McGregor: From Newborns to Astronauts: How Big Data Analytics is Transforming Healthcare
- Dr. Inna Sharf: Robots in the Sky: Drones, Space Clean-up and Beyond
- Dr. Andrew Goldenberg: Canadian Leadership in Robotics: From the Canadarm to Personal Robots
- Tim Marshall: Building the Foundations for Innovation
Want to be part of it all? Register at canariesummit.ca.
Hope to see you September 23/24 here in Ottawa!