Documentation and Guides
For eVA Hosts
Based on your privileges within your organization’s eVA setup, these documents guide you through the steps required to create and manage guest accounts on eduroam. As a host, you can create temporary eduroam accounts for your visitors, without the need for IT support. These accounts will give visitors temporary and immediate access to your organization’s eduroam Wi-Fi network.
eVA for Organization Administrators – “Organization Administrators” can create other organization administrators and can create and manage eVA profiles within their organization. Organization Administrators can also create guest eduroam accounts for individuals, groups, and batches of visitors – and can also set up eVA SMS codes for events.
eVA for Super Users – “Super Users” can create guest eduroam accounts for individual visitors and can also create accounts in groups and batches. Super Users can also set up eVA SMS codes for events. You must first receive permission to be a “Super User” from your organization’s eVA Administrator.
eVA for Standard Users – “Standard Users” can create guest eduroam accounts for individual visitors. You must first receive permission to be a “Standard User” from your organization’s eVA Administrator.
For Visitors of eVA Sites
To connect to eduroam easily and securely, download the eduroam Configuration Assist Tool (CAT) on your mobile device by scanning the QR code below or visiting cat.eduroam.org.
Once you’re on cat.eduroam.org, follow the steps below:
Mobile Devices (iOS):
- Click on the “Download your eduroam installer” button.
- Once downloaded, go to Settings, click on the “Profile Downloaded” link and install the profile.
- Enter the username and password that you have received by e-mail or text message and click on “Join”.
Mobile Devices (Android):
- Click on the “Download your eduroam installer” button or go to the Google Play store and download the eduroam CAT Installer (GÉANT Association).
- Follow the instructions provided and enter the username and password that you have received by e-mail or text message.
Laptops and tablets:
- If you’re already connected to the internet: Download and install CAT to configure your access.
- If you’re not connected to the internet: Go to “Wi-Fi settings”, find the “eduroam” network, click on “Connect”, and enter your eVA credentials.
Once connected to the internet, download and install CAT to ensure a secure connection.
Please note that you may experience a momentary lapse in internet connectivity while your device re-negotiates the secure connection.
eduroam Code of Conduct and Netiquette
Users are required to abide by all restrictions and policies applied by the host organization where they are using eduroam as a visitor, as well as at any other institutions or organizations visited while their credentials are active.
The access code provided by text or e-mail is strictly personal and not transferable. Users are required to keep their password strictly confidential. Where users are aware of any misuse of their access code, they must report this to their host as soon as possible.
The host organization may enforce additional user rules and conditions to which visitors must adhere.