DAIR – October 2019 Newsletter
Welcome to the October 2019 edition of the DAIR Community Newsletter. We have plenty of exciting news to share with you.
DAIR BoosterPacks are now available!
If you missed our big announcement, DAIR BoosterPacks have launched and we are accepting applications!
We’ve been working closely with fellow users and graduates of the DAIR Cloud program to expand what is offered to participants. DAIR BoosterPacks are one of the outcomes from these consultations.
DAIR BoosterPacks are a curated package of tools and resources about specific emerging technologies, created by another startup that has already figured out the technology and is willing to share their expertise.
BoosterPacks help startups and SMEs understand and experiment with new technology quickly and without risk, so that they can adopt it to fit their needs.
A BoosterPack is comprised of three elements:
- A Flight Plan – Concise documentation of implementation and architecture options, key learnings and resources; description of a Sample Solution that demonstrates the technology
- Launch Codes – Software code to launch the sample solution.
- Cloud Platform – All cloud resources required to develop and run a product/service using the BoosterPack’s technology.
Click here to browse the BoosterPack Catalogue to see if any of them could boost your business.
Updates from the Road…
In the last DAIR Newsletter, we told you about our plans to hit the road to meet up and speak to entrepreneurs about the “Cloud Market Landscape and Trends” and updates to the DAIR Program. CANARIE’s Senior Director of Technology Innovation, Tom Vitez, spoke at Platform Calgary on July 23rd, visited TEC Edmonton on July 24th, and visited Volta in Halifax on September 3rd. All events were well attended and there was a great discussion around cloud computing in Canada and the impact DAIR is having to help startups across the country. If want to connect with a member of the DAIR team, please reach out to email@example.com to discuss a visit
Video: DAIR Tutorial Series
We have been busy building tutorial videos on how to use the DAIR Cloud for your development and testing. Please check out our playlist on YouTube to view a range of subjects on the DAIR Cloud Program. Tutorial subjects include getting started with the DAIR Cloud platform, configuring security settings for your DAIR Cloud environment, how Docker functions on DAIR, as well as updating and patching.
Please find three helpful articles below. The first article is about a DevOps tool called Terraform that supports cloud independence. The second article is about the new app for entrepreneurs that was recently launched by the Government of Canada. The third is about a new pilot focused on enhancing cybersecurity for Canadian businesses. We also want to highlight a DAIR graduate, Blu-Wave A.I, who recently received funding from the SDTC, as well as some upcoming events we believe would be of interest for DAIR users.
If you come across any articles or events that you’d like to share with the DAIR Cloud community, please send us a link at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Channel, 9 Microsoft | Deploying Azure Infrastructure with Terraform
- Government of Canada | Minister Ng Launches the Canada Business App
- Government of Canada | Minister Morneau announces new certification program and talent development pilot to enhance cyber security among Canadian businesses
- Betakit.com | Ecopia Tech, Routific, GHGSAT Among Cleantech Startups Receiving SDTC Funding