Join Canadian Access Federation
By joining CAF, the credentials you provide your users will serve as their passport to a world of seamless wireless connectivity and access to a growing number of services and apps to help them learn, conduct research and collaborate.
To be eligible for participation in the Canadian Access Federation, your organization must be either:
- An accredited post-secondary institution in Canada,
- A Canadian public research institution or consortium that is an independent legal entity, or
- An organization which undertakes, supports, or enables research or education in Canada
If you are a researcher, students or faculty member and don’t see your institution on the list of Participating Institutions, speak to your IT department to request access to CAF services.
If you are unsure whether your organization is eligible for CAF, please contact email@example.com and include the following information:
- Organization name and address of head office
- Website URL
- Description of the capacity in which you support the Canadian research and education community
- References or contacts
Joining CAF is a simple three-step process.
- CAF application – click the “Join CAF” button below to complete the form.
- CANARIE will forward a Participation Agreement (PA) for execution. To view an example, click here.
- Submit your Trust Assertion Document and provide CANARIE with your institution’s configuration information (English/French)
Applicants will receive an email confirming their application status no later than two (2) weeks after all of their completed application documents have been received. From the date of receiving their application confirmation, applicants have six (6) months to complete their technical configuration.
See CAF Support for technical configuration details.
For more information on becoming a CAF participant, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.