Join Canadian Access Federation
By joining CAF, the credentials you provide your users will serve as their passport to a world of seamless wireless connectivity and access to a growing number of services and apps to help them learn, conduct research and collaborate.
If you are a researcher, student or faculty member and don’t see your institution on the list of Participating Organizations, speak to your IT department to request access to CAF services.
To be eligible for participation in the Canadian Access Federation, your organization must be either:
- An accredited post-secondary institution in Canada,
- A Canadian public research institution or consortium that is an independent legal entity, or
- An organization which undertakes, supports, or enables research or education in Canada
Unless this criteria is waived by CANARIE, your institution must be connected to Canada’s National Research and Education Network (NREN) through one of its provincial or territorial partners in order to participate in the Canadian Access Federation (CAF) as an Identity Provider. You can check if your institution is connected by using our NREN Connection Tool.
If you are unsure whether your organization is eligible for CAF, please contact email@example.com and include the following information:
- Organization name and address of head office
- Website URL
- Description of the capacity in which you support the Canadian research and education community
- References or contacts
Joining CAF is a simple process.
- Complete and submit the CAF Application by clicking the “Join CAF” button below.
- Within two (2) weeks of submitting your organization’s application, CANARIE will forward a Participation Agreement and Authorized Contact Form to your organization’s Signing Authority.
- The Primary Technical Contact identified in the Authorized Contact Form will be required to complete a Trust Assertion Document (TAD) and identify additional technical support contacts for the organization.
- Implementation can now begin!
- Participation Agreement
- Authorized Contact Form
- Trust Assertion Document (TAD) for Participating Organizations
- Trust Assertion Document (TAD) for Participating Service Providers
Learn about CAF participation fees.
See CAF Support for technical configuration details.
For more information on becoming a CAF participant, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.